Sunday, November 12, 2017

BIT OF THIS AND THAT...

Well... I mentioned yesterday that we were celebrating 'something'.

NO... Bex is NOT pregnant!  

So... what could it be?

Well, we are very proud to announce that after 3 and a half years, Steve is now a bona fide, qualified Builder!

 ABOVE:  I got him a cake, and 'decorated' it ...


ABOVE: There he is cutting his cake... with a toy saw!  lol

We spent a very enjoyable evening playing cards too... until 1 am in fact.  


 ABOVE: This is the shade sail we bought yesterday.  I don't know when it will go up, but hopefully sooner rather than later.


ABOVE:  THAT is perfectly good diet coke all down my front, in my lap and on me chair!
The 'boys' AND Bex were being grubby (verbally), and I'd just taken a mouthful of diet coke to swallow me pills with when they cracked another dirty comment ... and I couldn't help but laugh ... and sprayed friggin' diet coke EVERYWHERE! 

SUCH. A. WASTE!  At least the pills stayed in me gob!  *sigh*

So an amusing/fun night really *smiles*

Today ... well I don't want Steve to do anything on his one day off this week, and probably for the past month if the truth be known, so maybe a nice, relaxing, family day is on the cards.


ONWARD...


It was very quiet in the lounge.
Archer was in there on his own, so Griffin went to check on him.  He was playing with Keera's dolls.

Awww, so cute.  

BUT NO!  


ABOVE:  Clearly he didn't like this doll!
Now she looks like a demon doll.
We pushed her face back out, but somehow she's lost her eyelashes on her right eye.  *lol*

4.46 pm:  Bex and I went into spotlight after lunch so I could buy some hexi paper pieces and a new ruler.  I've decided to only take hand work to my Monday morning patchwork class.

Means I don't have to lug my sewing machine out and about.

I've cut out some fabric and will give it a go tonight, I've never done hexi's before.  Not even sure what I will make with them yet.


ABOVE:  We played more cards this afternoon, even Stew joined it!  We found the card shuffler which made it easier with two packs of cards.

I'm now off to make a plastic template for the fabric hexi's. 

Hexie or Hexi?  Pffff, I don't know.
Anyway, It's now 12.14 am and I'm totally knackered and ready for bed.
I've made  a few hexie's and will show you tomorrow.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Steve!! Love the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Congratulations to Steve and to his Mum (for the amazing cake). My grandson-in-law is doing an apprenticeship to be an auto mechanic and he is working so hard to get it. Audrey, Rotorua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive congratulations to you Steve!!! That was one of the smartest moves you ever made switching to a career in the building industry. I wish you every success in the future... it sure is a great time to be a builder in Auckland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Steve !!!!!! Awesome cake Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Congratulations Steve !

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve well done that man. All your hard work and dedication can now take you to levels you desire. You're ma is very proud of you but I'm sure you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Steve - that's an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Steve, a great choice of career, you are clearly damn good at it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:18 PM

    Fabulous that after sticking to the trade,, Steve has qualified ..Well done to him, and his supportive wife Bex and family...

    sadly after a couple of years,, often the guys (or girls)want a change and dont do their completion.

    You are so good at the decorating as a Mum and Nana,,and Dad and Grandad you 2 have passed it on the your family.

    Thanks for showing the shade sail Know what you are saying the buying takes the smallest amount of time lol

    Now have an idea of the size and no doubt Bunnings probably have as good a range as any ?

    Lovely to see Keera had some playmates with her and they will all be ready for their new adventures once school finishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the hexies, I love doing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that 3 years has gone super fast congratulations... We played cards at the retreat I spent the weekend at and articulate AND WE ATE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and Chris you looking fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL on the doll! Super cute cake. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:30 AM

    Steve has aged tremendously. Feel so sorry for him. Bex has grannified too, especially with the grannified hobby of crotcheting.
    Love you all, Megan Parks, Boise Idaho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what a bitch. 😂😂😂 Im sorry your such a rude person. And FYI we all age darling 😂😂😂 you have made my day.

      Delete
    2. You might as well have not bothered putting a FAKE NAME on the end of your comment you twat. Everyone knows that isn't your name. People who belitle others are clearly sad individuals who are miserable so want to lash out at others. Jealousy, hate and malice abounds.

      Delete
  16. Anonymous11:32 AM

    Congratulations Steve and all the very best wishes for a successful future. You are an amazing father, husband and son. Love the cake Chris!

    Wow Just Wow! How rude, Megan Parks you really need to learn if you haven't got anything nice to say than don't. Steve is a very handsome young man and Bex a pretty lady and just because Bex crochets doesn't make her grannified. Crocheting is a great hobby for both young and old. They are beautiful people and amazing parents. I suppose at least you didn't hide under Anonymous, for that you should be commended. I hope your day improves and you can reflect and think twice on being mean in future.
    Kym/ Australia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Congratulations Steve!!! Bugger off Megan Parks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.