Thursday, September 24, 2015

KICK START...

I NEED A KICK START...

so...


ABOVE:  I'm trying this shit again.  I know there's some flavors I hate... but as I can't remember which one's they are... I got this multi pack.  I tried this stuff YEARS ago, hated it... but I'm willing to give it another try.

I'm thinking I will hate the coffee one!  But, I need a bit of a boost with the weight loss... I've gained SO MUCH in the past month!

Emotional eating to the max... my biggest downfall.


I'm going to replace lunch AND dinner with a shake for a week... then reassess how I feel about it.  I will have a little fruit for snacks and when I'm feeling starving.

But.  I'm going to turn it around again... I have a goal in mind for Christmas... which is approx 12 weeks away.... so I should be able to do it!



ABOVE: Archer got a temperature yesterday afternoon, Bex thinks he's teething.  As soon as it's a decent time (like 9 am), I shall be ringing her to see how he is.  One can't help worrying when a wee baby isn't well.  At least it's not Friday afternoon, when most kids decide to get sick!

Last night I got the binding on the baby quilt, took me until 11.45 pm.  So today I can sit in front of the telly and watch some mindless programmes while hand stitching it on the back.

That will take me a good hour or more.  After that, who knows?  I might do the housework, such as it is.  

ONWARD...

ANON from yesterday:  I will always remove a crude and vulgar comment.

9.08 am: Just text Bex, Archer is OK by the sound of it.  Probably just teething temp, he was dribbling something rotten yesterday when I was there.

Well... I've done all the housework, so now it's time to get hand stitching...

12.05 pm:  Well, it took a bit longer than I thought to do the hand stitching, but 2.5 hours later... it's done:


ABOVE:  well.... I think it's cute.  Glad it's done and will be winging it's way off to England in a couple of weeks.

Lunchtime... trying not to get too 'excited'... I know I will hate the shake.  lol

12.28 pm:  And I tried the Caramel shake. YUM!
I also read up on the 'diet' and have decided not to do the first Intensive stage, but go to the 2nd 'Transitional' Stage, which is 2 shakes and one small low calorie meal a day, 2 pieces of fruit, a small serve of dairy and 2 serves of non starchy vegetables... giving a calorific amount of about 800-1000 per day.

I'm hoping this will be the kick start I need.

5.52 pm:  My mouth is watering... cooking the family's dinner (sweet n sour chicken on rice).  But, I am determined not to succumb.
I shall be trying the COFFEE shake for my dinner. Hmmmm....

And the verdict on the coffee shake?  Not bad.  Certainly not as bad as I envisioned.  It actually tasted more like chocolate than coffee!

So, this shake diet really isn't going too bad... for DAY ONE! lol

End of Day: unexpectedly, a good day.
nite nite

14 comments:

  1. The Quilt is so colorful and nice...Excellent job! Good luck with the shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. christine2:09 PM

    That quilt is darling! you made the right color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Quilt looks amazing (as always!!!) Try a hard or soft boiled egg as a snack choice - protein!!!!!!! Hope Archer is feeling better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny4:09 PM

    Good luck with the new strategy! Re your comment a few days ago about blogging, I am with you, I know it is frustrating when people don't update and I am very guilty of this myself. I will keep trying to get better. On that note have just updated with that news I mentioned. Hope all is well - the quilt looks fantastic. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw on TV the other nigh that a tiny pot of sweet n sour sauce had 20 teaspoons of sugar in it. Terrible!!.... it pays to check the labels xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is gorgeous! I don't mind the optimist range and I wish they had the mixed pack when I did it because I got really sick of the vanilla one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I part freeze my water for some reason they taste better

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris. The quilt is fantastic. Thanks so much. Helena is going to be gobsmacked. See you next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a friend in US who lost approx 60 lbs on a liquid diet (probably much like this) and then has kept it off for over three years so far by eating a low carb/paleo type diet. She looks amazing and has stayed within 5 pounds of her lowest weight. Good luck with this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilt!!! Good luck with the shakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor baby. I hope the shakes work well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the little guy is feeling better. Nice quilt, great gift. Good luck with the shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt is so beautiful, The shakes have some very nice flavours a friend of mine in Hamilton had them I did like them she send me one of each flavour once.... very nice

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.