Monday, March 02, 2015

HAND STITCHING

This morning I'm going to make a start on hand stitching down the binding on the dragon wall hanging.

I'm also going to be sorting out the insurance stuff for the flooring.  We have been given an excellent quote from Carpet Court, so now I need to go back to the insurance company with our decision to 'cash out' and get the floor repaired ourselves.

We shall be pulling up the old laminate ourselves to save some money.  Quite a bit of money in fact!  That will be next weekend's job I think.

There were a few other things I wanted to do this morning... but buggered if I can remember what they are right now!  My mind has just had a massive brain fade.  Hopefully it comes back to me eventually.

On my way to Hospice duty after lunch, I'm dropping back that vinyl tile to Carpet Court, they were very nice to let me bring it home to see how it looked.

Other than that... OOOhh now I remember something else!   I need to get more printer ink.  My printer has completely run out, and it's a right pain in the butt not being able to print anything out.  

See.... stuff comes back to me slowly but surely!

lol

ABOVE:  This is what Bex has been working on for a while now.  A cot blanket for the new baby.  She just has to do a couple of rows around the edge and then it's done.

Very sweet little blanket for baby.

Right, I'm off to do some housework, then do some of that hand stitching.

ONWARD...

No hand stitching has been done.  I almost never end up doing things in the order I planned on.
I've been out and got new ink for the printer, dropped back the tile, spoken to the insurance company... all good there.

We will be able to confirm and order our new floor coverings by mid-week, with an expected ETA for installation in two weeks or so.  That's fast!

Now it's time to get ready for my shift at the hospice shop.  

Boo boo... so hard to update on phone. I've found some amazing things at hospice shop today. .. can't wait to show you what when I get home.

Home... and my camera battery is D.E.A.D... so I can't show you my treasure right now.  So sorry... I'll come back once the battery is charged.  Not sure how long it takes, probably a couple of hours at least.  *sigh*

Bex has cooked dinner, I have no idea what it is, but it smells divine. 

Dinner was lamb chops and veges.  Very nice.

Sorry, my camera battery is still not 100% charged, so today's treasure will have to be on tomorrow's post.

End of Day:  a super hot, sticky day... summer is hanging in there with a vengence.  
nite nite

5 comments:

  1. My friend is like you in that she loves to shop and findneat things she just has to bring home. She has one rule - for one new thing in one thing already in has to go. Has helped a lot with keeping the shopping under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tease. Been waiting hours to see what you got now I have to wait until tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby blanket will come in handy, nice colours. Now I too am dying to see the treasures.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blanket bex....bet the new baby is going to love it.....always love seeing the new treasures you find mum and yes summer is hanging in there.....working at kfc dont make it easy either working with the heat of the cookers and tje summer heat is gross...sweat running everywhere. ...

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.