Tuesday, January 20, 2015

TRIP TO STORAGE, PAINT SOMETHING ELSE

Today I'm going over to the storage facility to hand in our notice, and to pick up a few more smaller items.  Now that I've made room in the Dungeon I can bring most of it home, leaving only two large units left to come home on the weekend.

While over that way I suppose we shall visit Botany... the kids can have lunch there too.

Once home again, I am going to have a go at painting an existing lamp we have, to go in the dining room.

I am also going to do my best to catch up on some blog reading.  I keep meaning to, then get side tracked with other stuff.  I do it all the time!

So, I'm off to start my day.  I hope you are having a nice day too.

ONWARD...

Well, we have had a very good morning.
I handed in my notice at the storage facility and will be getting over $100 in refund, that's cool.

The kids and I got lots more out of there too... it's all in me car waiting to be unloaded.

We had lunch at Botany then I went to Farmers looking for a white lampshade. They didn't have any, but I did get this lot for 50% off:


ABOVE: how gorgeous are they?

Well the lamp is painted, and drying.  Then I'm going to do 'something' else to it.... you have to wait to see what that is.

Stinkin' hot again this afternoon.  Griffin is wallowing in the spa pool like a baby hippo, and Brylee was playing on the Xbox, but now she's peeling potatoes for me.

I've read a few blogs, it always makes me happy when I catch up with you all.

Dinner tonight is heated up meatloaf with veges.  I didn't have to cook it ... it's been in the freezer for a few weeks now.  Gotta love an evening 'off' cooking.

End of Day:  Well due to the heat, none of us do ANYTHING in the evening!  We vegetate.  Literally.
nite nite

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Sup DCR
    L & K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a painting roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Hi

    You are very productive and busy as always ! I have had my operation and feel like a lead balloon in my stomach but hopefully it will all settle and I plan to have a great day too !

    Cheers

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:22 PM

    purty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue bits and pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the new "dining room" going to be in the archgola? Is there a door from the house to get into it? IS it close to the kitchen, I am trying to work this all out in my imagination....

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! THIRD attempt to answer you!
    I shall post a picture of our living rooms in the next day or two so you can see how it all works.
    The new 'dining room' will be in the archgola area ... which does have doors from the living room and kitchen/family room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, looking forward to the photos. Have you heard from the Archgola guy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well another busy day for you, and refund bonus to boot! Freezer night popular in our house too. Loving the blue pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue plate setup looks very cool, you have excellent taste! Glad you got to take it easy!
    You live in one of the most beautuful places in the world, it's nice here too, but there is great as well! (In response to your comment on my blog)
    It's Tuesday here, Wednesday there, Wednesday is my last day of work before vacation! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a good refund :) Looking forward to seeing the finished lamp. And no I won't be moving, I will still be on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.