Friday, April 25, 2014

A QUESTION ... AND ANZAC DAY

Griffin was talking to Bex about a truck we saw on the road yesterday, that had some 'balls' hanging off  the tow bar... next thing out of Griffin's mouth:

" Bex, does a 'boner' have a bone in it?"


She said "Have you had 'the talk' yet?  Maybe that should be your first question to ask"


Griffin said: "No .... and I don't want to".


Perhaps it IS time Stew took Griffin aside and gave him the 'Birds and Bees' talk.  I have done the 'talk' with all the girls, so it's only fair he has to take on the last boy! 

It's Anzac Day here.  Another public holiday.  This day is to remember all men and women who fought in the War(s), and our surviving War Veterans, both here in New Zealand and Australia.

Some happy snaps from yesterday:



ABOVE:  Steve loved his Banana Cake.  Bex did a good job.  The writing says "No 1 Dad, 27".

Dante's most favourite word right now is "WOW!", and he loves planes, and dogs.
Dante and I spend time each day looking at planes and dogs on the computer.  Last night we came upon a rather special plane:



 ABOVE:  I just had to print it out for him.  He loves it.

ABOVE:  the latest knitted block.  It's called Small Diamond Brocade.  It wasn't a hard one at all.

OK.  That's all from me right now... 

ONWARD...

WOW!!!!  No comments today!   And I've not updated at all today either.  Man, that doesn't happen too often.

So... we went out after lunch to Marty and Jacqui's.  Marty was offering some of his building tools to Steve, so we went over with Steve to have a look.
The guys went through a whole heap of stuff, and Steve chose quite a few bits 'n' bobs.
Stew and I will go over tomorrow and pick it all up. 


ABOVE:  guys having fun.  Jacqui kept trying to get Marty to part with more and more, but he wasn't having any of it.

Some things are just 'special' and hold memories, so I could understand why he was holding on to certain things. 

Marty and Jacqui recently moved to there current address, and they warned us about their driveway.
We had to park on the road and walk up.... and OMG it was a killer of a driveway!
I am sure it's the steepest driveway I've ever been on.


 ABOVE:  photos never show the true gradient ... but let me assure you, I felt like I was mountain climbing!  It was not only STEEP... it was a long way up.

We are going back tomorrow to pick up the tools ... our car was too full to fit anything else it today.

Right, time to do some more knitting before dinner... which Bex is cooking tonight.  I'm rather spoilt having other adults in the house who can cook.

End of Day:  VERY late!  Well after midnight in fact.  It's been a lovely day.  Did not get any knitting done tonight... the two patterns I tried did not have 'complete' instructions, so I had to stop and unravel them... very frustrating.
Shit happens.
nite nite.

7 comments:

  1. Wow cake ;looked great, Nice score on the tools too they will come in handy, hmmmmm me thinking that driveway late night few drinks disaster!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of Dante with his "wow" airplane..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday to Steve. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the WOW plane, how cute! Happy birthday to Steve!

    A friend of my mom's lived in the foothills here and we went to get a washer from her once (years ago, early days before kids) and OMG she had the steepest driveway. Just about killed our old truck trying to get up it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking cake! Happy 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:38 AM

    Yeah shit happens love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the name of that stitch - I can look that up. Am about to start a new blanket tonight so may do it with this stitch if I can find it easily enough.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.