Sunday, August 05, 2012

DIETS AND NARROW MINDED PEOPLE

DIET.


NO... I'm not exactly on one right now.  I'm waiting until my head is in the right space to knuckle down and 'do it' again.


AGAIN.  *sigh* ... the very word pisses me off.
So... clearly I'm not ready yet.


But when I am.


I'm going to do it 'MY WAY'.


No matter what that entails.


It will be RIGHT for me.


Cos I'm an INDIVIDUAL.


With individual needs, beliefs, and health requirements... bla bloody bla.


NO PARTICULAR DIET is 'right' for everyone.
  
Don't try and tell me what to do, what to eat, what not to eat... and for sure don't tell me I'm killing my kids by making them eat goddam bloody carbohydrates.


THAT just makes me super pissed off.  


Look at my sidebar....all of my kids are amazingly HEALTHY people.  Wow, I must have done something right afterall.


If I choose not to 'follow' your diet, it does not mean I'm a fool, a plonker, or any other name you choose to call me.  It just means I am exercising my RIGHT to do what I want in relation to my health... just as YOU do.


I don't recall at any time I have ever said to anyone* that I thought your diet sucked.  I respect your right to do whatever the hell you want.


END OF STORY.


(*Sandra C, you know why I told you off about what you were doing!  You were my exception to the rule, only cos I love you.)


Today:  well we need to do the grocery shopping.  
How thrilling.


ABOVE:  My darling man... showing off his new shirt.  Lacy bought it for him... as a 'Thank You' for being such a supportive Dad/Granddad.  She also bought me a cute wee cushion.

ABOVE:  I'm sorry ... but yes!  We are doting Grandparents... and I will be posting millions of photos of grandbabies... cos it's my blog and I can!  ha ha ha.


ONWARD...


ANNE:  I do not have a problem with Low Carb/Paleo diets at all.  But I do have a problem with people telling me I'm killing my kids feeding them carbs!  AND saying that carbs and sugars cause "cancer, lymphodeoma, etc"!  That is a crock of shit.


For every article you can produce backing up those claims, I can produce one that says the exact opposite.


Now ... so photos I took this morning:


 ABOVE:  I wanted a nice photo of Rena and both dogs, so I got her to hold onto their collars to keep them with her...


 ABOVE:  after a while I told her to let Coco go, but she could keep holding Teddy for a while.


ABOVE:  here she's holding Teddy, whose trying to escape, and Coco... well she's having a 'DIVA' moment... flicking her hair around!  lol

 ABOVE: Rena was having fun!  


ABOVE: but Teddy?  Not so much!!!  I think in this photo he was saying "Save me!"

ABOVE:  freaking photogenic kid eh?  All our grandkids are.

ABOVE:  we shall call this shot "brushing the mullet" ... *smiles*


Stew and I are off to do the grocery shopping now...  yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......


ANNE: thanks... I'm glad you did that, so you can see why I was a bit incensed?  I have moved on don't worry, being called a 'Plonker' is not the worst I've been called!  lol


Time to prepare dinner... sweet 'n' sour chicken with potato gems on top!  Yummm, the family love it.

End of Day:  dinner was a FAIL!  I should have used twice as much sweet 'n' sour sauce.. it was a bit tasteless.   I'll know for next time.
nite nite

18 comments:

  1. Good for you chris everyone is individual and you know what works for you!!!
    Love the pic of the 3 of you.
    Have fun shopping ....yeah right lol off to work for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Gotta love you Chris. I love anybody that sticks up for himself and says it like it is!! You make me smile!! I like Stew's new shirt. The photo of you and grampa is so cute. Frame it and hang it!! Love all the baby photos and will love all the puppy photos, can't get enough of them myself!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Chris - what works for one person doesn't for another!
    You do what you need to do to achieve what you want to achieve!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Chris. Miss Muppet is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. You have to be ready and you have to do it your way. Diets suck. No two ways about it. The only good thing about it is when you can start to actually feel and see the difference in your weight. I also am trying to gear myself up and lose again. Not an easy thing to do...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Nice shirt!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't matter if we say things in cyber land or face to face which I doubt this person actually would CYBER land does not give people the right to bully, and force their opinions however well meaning onto others, AND Holier than Thou comments piss me off the most!

    Keera is a darling only did you make great children they are making GREAT grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chris. You and Stew and Grandbaby, Keera look so happy. Wonderful photos.

    On another note I have to wonder why low carbers and paleo eaters get so much flak from those who chose to eat according to the "normal" New Zealand or American diet.

    Those of us who have discovered how improved our general health is cannot help shouting it from the rooftops. Just being free of pain in my hands and ankles is worth giving up wheat and other starches and sugar.

    I try to stay low key on this as I dislike rude comments on my Blog. I will delete them if I don't think they are appropriate and helpful so I do admire those who are brave enough to leave them there.

    By the way you have always left encouraging comments. Thank-you so much because I appreciate you.

    Having said all that I am copying a quote here from a famous Low Carb Blog. Jimmy Moore on Livin la Vida

    "People can be guilty of information overload You have to grab on to what works for you and then do it If someone can remain healthy, eating carbs is fine."

    I really do dislike this silly squabbling over diet. It doesn't do anyone any good.

    I agree that it's really important right now that you get yourself into a good head space before you tackle any kind of weight loss programme. I think it takes about 6 months on medication to reach that place.

    We all love you and admire you as the wonderful warm hearted person you are.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of grand parents. It's 5 years today since we had the bloggers weekend in palm north

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rena would look really cute with a pixie cut, love the pics with the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics... have a couple of photos up of Chico and a small video :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me, having people tell me over and over (whether it was people I met or the media) that this diet works and I needed to do it led to a horrible issue with self-confidence. I was always told that I must not be counting/following/doing it right because it works if you work it right.

    I call BS on that. I believe that each of us has to find our own way. Sure some of these diets and such may help at times but honestly, only you can figure out how your body reacts to certain things.

    By the way, I am one of those that have changed my lifestyle to a paleo lifestyle and it is doing very well for ME. I am not a fanatic and I would never dare to tell someone that they need to eat as I do.

    You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those photos are just priceless and will be great to look back on :)
    Thanks for stopping by blog and today the sun is shining but still cold. No wonder you made the shift the North lol :) Good move :)
    Wishing you a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:40 PM

    WTF? Kids need carbs for energy! Get a life you diet police freaks! WOMBAT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A better day tomorrow, hey Chook?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pic's Chris . Keep em coming

    ReplyDelete
  17. Antidepressants make a person gain weight.
    I doubt your dinner was a fail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your grandbabies are all so cute and yes photogenic.......and those cute little puppies...I LOVE THEM!!!! I love the picture of you and Stew with the little one too.....I started back to Weight Watchers for the umpteenth time.....I weigh in on Wednesday.....let's see if I can do it this time......I have to...with my knee and the heart attack I had a couple months ago I have got to do something........xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.