Friday, June 19, 2009

RIBBONS, RACES, A CASE AND A SCORE!

Let's start the day with some photos eh?


ABOVE AND BELOW: the gorgeous ribbons I got yesterday.. I don't know which one I love the most..... but I think the wee Kiwis might just win!

Next, how about a photo of Brylee finishing her cross country race:


ABOVE: running to the finish... and the little tart hardly looked tired!

NEXT: this is the travel case I got for Teddy, as you can see it's about 1/4 the size of his crate. Much better for in the car.

AND FINALLY: I went into the hospice shop yesterday afternoon and scored these two tupperware dishes.... perfect for serving veges in ... and they were only $5 ! SCORE!!!

Today: Teddy is going to the groomers at 11.30... I'm taking him to a new groomer much closer to home too. I am over being TOLD OFF by the lady because Teddy has a knot or two! I don't need that THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Pffffft. While he's at the groomers, I will go to the mall across the road and kill some time. Shouldn't be too hard eh? *snigger*

Brylee has a girlfriend coming home for a play after school today... I hope it goes well. AND Griffin is going to a friend's after school next week. We are really settling into this new home .. it's NEAT.
It's a good day today, nothing has happened to make me cross.... though I can't say the say thing for Teddy!
He hates going to the groomers! But this time he got shorn beautifully, AND I did not get told off... not at all! The lady was really superb... understood just how hard it is to comb this sort of dog.... and she had no trouble from him... not like me! He fights me... the little shit. Anyway, he's all tidy again, no knots. AND she cut is a bit shorter so it stays manageable for us for longer. NEAT.
ABOVE: doesn't he do the "PISSED OFF" look so well!!! *smiles* ... he's so bloody cute.
End of Day: The play visit with Brylee's friend went well. Griffin was a shit. I have been sewing. My machine played up a few times... I will talk to the shop lady about it. I'm bloody FREEZING. Going to bed. nite nite.

12 comments:

  1. It's been a busy couple of days, and I'm just now able to catch up.

    I love your new header! Very cool!

    Sucks about your glasses. I would hate that feeling. I hope your eyes are starting to adjust. What a strange sensation that must be.

    Your new ribbon is fantastic! I've never seen anything like that here. Any plans for what you are going to do with it?

    Congrats to the kids! Great job! (I friggin HATE running! Even as a kid I hated it! Maybe that's why I'm fat...I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with all that Fair food I've been eating!)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those straining servers are the best for veggies.
    Teddy will get used to the new crate - I've been through a similar circumstance. They adjust. However loudly. Ha!
    WoohooBrylee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ribbons and can't wait to see what you have in mind for them!

    Yay for Brylee! I wish I had half her energy!

    As for the groomer ...isn't that what you pay HER to do? She has no business telling you off for a few knots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got TOLD OFF by the groomer? Pffft. Don't blame you. Hope the sewing machine is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be over being told off too. Our guy is so used to Tarsha being knotty that he just grins and says "short this time??" LOL
    I know what a hassle it is trying to keep them knot free!!!!!
    Have fun 'killing time'!!!!! Will look forward to some more pics of your 'good buys' LOL
    Have a grat weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with the groomers.

    Love your new ribbons and you got to love a bargin....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right, the kiwi ribbon is sooooo cute!
    I hope you post a pic of handsome Teddy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love that Kiwi ribbon Chris. What's the name of the shop. I reckon it would finish off my grandson's quilt. Pleased you've got your machine back. Hope it all goes well from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those ribbons the kiwis are adorable.... that young lady does NOT look tired ... wow i never could run like that... ha never wanted to either LOL.... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ribbons. Brylee does not look the worst for wear after her run, what a natural. Too bad Griffin was a pain, but thats what brothers are for. Poor Teddy how sad is that. Glad you found someone who grooms without complaining. Have a fun weekend, keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the ribbon...so beautiful and I love the pissy face....your little guy does that well... you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.