Sunday, May 03, 2009

PROGRESS PHOTO.. AND VISITORS

ABOVE: what I have done so far on the Seahorse Project... the white 'beams' will have a shimmery material added on top to kinda look like the light beaming down through the water! And I still have to do his eye, etc etc... oh and put the black bias on over EVERY join.... it's a long way off finished.

It has taken so long to get to this point... like 4 days! But I think it will look neat! Karen down in Palmy what do you think???

Today Amanda, Andrew and the boys are coming up for a visit, that should be nice.. hopefully it's not too wet... or cold! Or I am going to be parked in front of the fire! Brrrrr... it IS COLD.

Well. The day started out cold, but ended up a beautiful sunny day! AWESOME. Our visitors arrived and after a couple of little niggles the kids settled down to playing happily ALL DAY!

They are now chillin out in the bedroom playing Playstation....



While the grown ups watch Rugby on the telly...

But not me! I refuse to watch bloody rugby... I am getting dinner ready! Sausages and bought chips! Real hard! *smiles*

End of Day: and a nice day... and sadly... I just blew my diet today... I had sausages and chips. Now I am pissed off with myself.... and will have to be extra good till next Weigh In now. *sigh*..it's a constant battle. nite nite.

17 comments:

  1. Wow I think the Seahorse project is going to be absolutely gorgeous.Just showed the pussy pic to my hubby - hehe...haven't laughed so much in ages!!! Thank you for that XCathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is bloody beautiful, Chris! I love it now - let alone when it is finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wow that quilt is so exciting. You are very talented.

    I'm still plodding away at my first real quilt partly because I'm at the quilting stage, and all by hand. Why did I think that was what I wanted to do?

    The WW leader is the same one I think. Name similar to yours. Can't say she is too much of the problem. She is doing her job but I'm not on the same time zone as she is. Well that's one way of putting it. ....

    WW people seem so pedantic about their rules. I want some flexibility and acknowledgement that my program is good, healthy and sustainable if only I can get my head around doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the project. Beautiful choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sea horse is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The seahorse is VERY groovy. :]

    Have a good visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seahorse looks fantastic Chris.. I have seen this sort of patchwork done before and love it..
    Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, how exciting - a new machine. Nothing like having the tools that make the job easy and fun, than trying to work with something that's not quite up to scratch. Enjoy your new 'toy' when you get it. Your seahorse project is coming along really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo!!! So creative, I really love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can saw, is that the seahorse is gorgeous!

    Keep up the fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the seahorse project is awesome and quite intricate... you have such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny to see Teddy is watching the tv too :o)

    The seahorse is devine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that seahorse! Can't wait to see the finished product. Are you going to keep all these quilts or sell them? You are very talented. I, sadly, lack the time and patience...

    Don't stress about being back for one day. Just go for a walk for the rest of the week and try to behave! Well done girl!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The seahorse is beautiful ...can't wait to see the finished project!

    Look at cute Teddy watching t.v. too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 4 days? did you think that was slow? Geez woman, your amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The seahorse project looks FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.