Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WHOOPS FORGOT TO WEIGH IN!

And I am afraid to get on the scales.... all this sewing means lots of sitting on me butt.... and not getting much exercise.

BUT I have been rather good with the diet so maybe I havn't done too much damage...

Might get on them later... after I've had 50,000 piddles eh? lol

Not much on today, I am going to continue sewing (what else?)...it really is lovely sitting in the garage with the doors wide open looking out on the view and the big planes flying past! Our garage doors open extra high so it is a neat view.

I love this house.... and I love Auckland... and while I'm busy I am happy and not lonely either. The neighbours are getting used to hearing The Dixie Chicks I hope... that's about all I have on at the moment.... I've got a DVD player in the garage with The Chicks on a DVD so it's bliss.....

So.... onward eh?

There's a knock at the door, parcel delivery:



HUH? I didn't order a tea pot! From Wellington....



Aaaa HAAAA... fresh lavender from Superstar! What a doll... and:



I'm running outta friggin pins! *drat*


KAREN: there is no QUICK way to make Cathedral Window squares! It takes ages!!! Lots of hand sewing too.. can't believe I am doing it at all!


LeeAnneL: OHAKUNE!!!! Oh you poor, poor tart! Hope ya love carrots... and being friggin cold!



36 blocks done, now all I have to do is hand sew the 'inner' pieces on... I hope to get 6 done a day... it's a lot of hand sewing!!!

Then I can start putting them all together! Sheesh, it's so much work! But I am sure Brylee is going to love her new quilt. Well she better!

End of Day: and it's been productive and enjoyable... a bit lonely today.... Teddy isn't much company really! nite nite.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like Auckland! I'm slowly getting there... it has taken me many years but I finally feel like it is home.

    You live in a nice street though so I'm sure once we finally move to a better location, I'll be a lot happier with Auckland too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:39 AM

    So what did you learn yesterday. Looking at that pile you obviously have a quick way of making these Cathedral windows. Can you share it with one of your old mates?? I am so glad you're enjoying it and what a neat lady to send you the lavender. I bet the parcel smelt nice.
    Wish I was in your garage too. I've been cutting out little pieces out of all my batik scraps (even 1" x 2 1/2" rect and 1 1/2 inch squares) not wasting anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at it this way Chris - you may be on your bum sewing and not up exercising, but your hands are busy and that means, you aren't stuffing your face! Thats how I look at my crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:22 PM

    You are so clever. Its hard when you move my hubby has dragged me kicking and screaming down to Ohakune....been 6 months now....yuck.I love diet coke buy it buy the box..why do diets say not to drink to much of it????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Laura~Peach says...sounds like HEAVEN!!! And true if you are still following your W.W. diet I am sure you have lost... and how wonderful to receive all that great lavendar...soooo sweet! HOLY COW! Look at that pile of cut fabric...you have been very busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at all that lovely lavender, your just spoilt chris lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great you have a special place to sew. I am totally addicted at the moment. It's a pity we are so far away. We could have a sewing day together ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have been quite busy with the squares! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a lovely surprise that was. Wow you have really been busy on those patches. Good luck with the weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your squares are awesome Chris! I can't believe how much you get done so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.