Tuesday, December 02, 2008

STICK A NEEDLE IN ME, WHY DON'T YA?

Today:
- kids to school
- train trip to Middlemore hospital for me blood tests and visit with the Hematologists
- Weight Watchers meeting in Manukau

That's it for now!

Still in shock over how quickly my friend Dave passed away! He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer just before last Christmas, recently it spread to his bones.... I am kinda reeling! He had been doing so well up until just recently. I was so sure he would see this Christmas too. I am glad he is no longer suffering though, cancer is the most awful disease.
I am hoping that Chris D can get through this coming week a little easier by having me there with her. I reckon some FREAKIN BIG HUGS are coming her way.

ONWARD..... LYNDA: I take the train to Middlemore because it is quicker, I don't have to try and find parking there (which is notoriously difficult) and I like it!

1.45pm and finally home again. I feel like I've been out all day! Train trip/hospital visit went off without a hitch... injection was stingy today though.... hate that!
Then I went to Manukau Weight Watchers... quite liked the meeting, the leader was a stand in as the 'regular' lady was away sick. So will go there again and 'asses' her when she's back! It is really important to get on with the Leader and feel like you can 'work' with them.

That's it for now, going to go pack stuff for tomorrow's trip down the line....

It has been a stressful day, every time the phone rings I expect the other shoe to drop! One call was Stew, and I was so sure he was going to tell me his Dad had passed away.... but he didn't. PHEW! I know it will happen eventually, but please not this week!


I'm going to end the day with this lovely photo of Steve and his Grandfather....
End of Day: a day of lows, but I'm fine! nite nite.

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend. Bone cancer is usually very fast and is painful.

    Its good you can be there for your friend. Why do you get the train to Middlemore - you've never explained that one? Just curiuos, isn't it close by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the news about Dave, please pass my thoughts onto Chris. She's going to find it tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy to you and your friend, Cancer is just such a hideous disease and we all need to do as much as we can to rid this filthy word from our vocabulary.

    Your friend is going to need all the friends and support she can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your friend Dave but it is good that you will be there to support your friend. I love the train too....just go off into my own little headspace and stare out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Hugs to you and your friend.

    I wish those doctors would find somebody else to bug for blood. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m so sorry about your friend. Cancer is a hideous disease. My dad died of leukemia at the age of 63. Your friend is really going to need you. It's so good that you can be there for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah parking... the bain of my existence! I hate searching for it and hate even more paying too much for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Chris im so so sorry to hear about your friend. She will defintly need you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:05 PM

    So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed that this new meeting is a good one, once you find the right outlet i'm sure you'll make friends easily.

    What a shame this trip wasn't under happier circumstances - you're right about Dave not suffering now, that's the one positive in situations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your friend Dave. If only we could spend as much in cancer research as we do in war in the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sorry to hear about your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear of your friends passing... Cancer SUCKS.
    I am sure you will be wonderful support to his wife and she will be so glad you are there.
    Have a safe trip and we will catch up when you are back.
    HUGSSSS and HUGS to your friend
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you are down and lost your friend. I hate cancer....it has taken way to many people I've known and loved too.
    Glad you get to visit your old hometown though as I'm sure she'll like your support.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm very sorry to hear that your friend has passed away. Cancer is the most disgusting disease.

    At least you will be there to support your friend at this hard time.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely picture of Steve and Stew's dad... I hope he lasts a bit longer so your not torn between the two things....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for your loss, you are a good friend to go and be with her. My friend was diagnosed with cancer and five months later she was gone, it is never easy. On a bright note I am glad you liked your meeting, have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so terribly sorry about your friend, love. Prayers en route for you and his loved ones. Love the last pic. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.