Sunday, October 12, 2008

A DAY OF REST AND RELAXATION!

Can you believe it? We have virtually NOTHING to do today! Goodness only knows what we will get up to.... maybe go shopping, kids need summer school shoes.

Following are some photos of Stew working yesterday:




The ceiling in 'The Dungeon' is only about 5ft 5inches high, so Stew had to spend a few hours stooped over... the poor bugger. I am 5ft 4 inches tall, perfect for me! He built two shelving units.



ABOVE: the finished result, a really TIDY store room. I'm wrapt with how much room there is in there!

Righty HO... on with the day! It's looking good out there....
I think Stew would dispute the 'day of rest' claims! We have been gardening most of the day! I got some tomatoe plants and more strawberry plants and put them in, and Stew put netting around my passionfruit and grape vines to protect them from the kids.... and I put in more of my hydrangea cuttings.

In all a very successful day again.
TOP RIGHT: my hydrangea corner.... I hope at least half of them grow! I love my hydrangeas....
Tomorrow is going to be an EXCELLENT day! The kids go back to school after a LONG LONG two weeks home with me.... silence is going to be BLISS.
End of Day: Well it really is time to relax... I'm off to have a shower and get clean... I'm filthy! Then do NOTHING.
NSV: very good today, no naughty stuff at all. feel good about that. nite nite.

9 comments:

  1. You are so stinking lucky...Nothing to do. I had to be up at the crack of dawn to make it to the boys football game..I need a nap now.
    Have a good weekend.

    BTW I could live in your store room. I'm only 5ft 3in tall...plenty of room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bathurst is on, a good day to have nothing planned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day! It's a beautiful one here in Palmy (true). Good to talk to you the other day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Stew! They don't make 'em like that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how organized you are already! I really envy you! My house is a disaster area right now getting ready for the big Halloween party...what a mess...

    Your garden looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Stew is a handy little bugger. Can you send him to the states for a few weeks? Maybe he can help me organize my garage and I can actually park in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how handy would that storage room be??? Maybe even a good place to spend hiding during school holidays ... lol

    Enjoy your day tomorrow - make the most of the peace and quiet and rest while the kids are at school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to go on the storage shelves!!! AWESOME.

    I'm almost 5 feet tall...so I could live in there too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.