Saturday, April 12, 2008

PERFECT START TO THE DAY

I'm sitting up in bed like Jacky Jacky, laptop on my knee, hot chocolate by my side, phone at hand and a hunky husband beside me! BLISS, total bliss I tell ya!

Stew finally got home last night at 10.45pm, Brylee was sound asleep but Griffin was up waiting for his Dad! So cute.

Today: morning tea with the girls, then most likely lunch in town with the family... then a girlfriend who is an EXPERT quilter is coming around to give me a hand to get started on my quilt.

I really have NO IDEA where to start, how to cut it out properly, bla bla bla... AND.... I am going to buy a new sewing machine this weekend too! Gawd how exciting! My old one keeps on jamming, making huge messes around the presser foot etc... so if I'm going to do lots of sewing (ha ha)... I am going to get a decent one!

One thing's for sure, it will be a whole lot cleaner to sew than paint or pot! No more mess to clean up! It's all good...

Morning tea with the girls was lovely as per usual... no kids this time either...bliss. Stew had them.
Home, then right back into town for lunch... and get Stew a bloody haircut ! Gawd did he ever need it... he was thinking of growing it longer, but it just looks stooooopid!
Now that's better!
What else? Had a wander around town then home to await my girlfriend Karen....
Was going to look at the sewing machines again today, but the shop was closed.... bugger damn and blast... will have to wait till Monday now.
End of Day: Had a neat day, a neat dinner with Karen here giving me patchwork/quilting tips..... dinner was roast lamb and veges , very yummy! Had a couple of HUGE Henkell Trocken wines, kinda pissed now! Having fun, Stew MIGHT get lucky! ha aha hhahahhahah.
NSV: ERRRR none! nite nite.
P.S. Hi Dominique!

10 comments:

  1. One of my friends does quilting. He makes some pretty amazing stuff.

    I'm not sure about it being less messy. You don't get the obvious mess but there are always bits of thread and fabric offcuts getting in weird places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same as Kathryn - Definitely still going to have mess to clean up :p

    Good luck with it all though. We have just sent our sewing machine to the tip. But my Nan gave us her sewing machine when she passed. I haven't tried using it yet. Would LOVE some sewing lessons and perhaps make some of my own clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you like the quilting. One lady I know is really into it and says it's a good de-stresser.
    Hope you get your skates soon. Post some pics of where you skate. Like to see the pics of where people live/scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Hi Chris

    Been lurking for a while. Love your blog. I read it almost everyday. Keep it up. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Take care
    Dominique

    PS: I hope you sell your home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you get up to have fun doing it..... Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Berninas are the best sewing machines on the market I think, I have had mine for 14 years!! My mum has one for embroidery and it is fantastic, although I don't know much about quilting, Im sure it will be great.

    Have a great weekend with hubby home *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, before you pitch that machine, have you tried adjusting the tension and rethreading your thread and redoing your bobbin?

    There are places that will fix the machine for you but sometimes depending on the age of the machine you might as well replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see how you are. The new quilt is just an excuse to shop for things. We're on to you.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:21 AM

    Me an expert Quilter.. um NOT!!1

    Sounds like you're going to enjoy it.. the cupboard .. well, it will get busier like my ROOM!!

    Home tonight. Call in and see me at the office tomorrow.

    Cheers

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't help but notice that Stew has a smirk on his face in the first pic but the ends of his mouth are heading south in the second.

    Did he not like the cut?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.