Thursday, April 10, 2008

FINALLY, SOME SLEEP

I finally got a great sleep last night! Gawd it makes a difference too, I've woken up feeling fantastic! Only 3 hot flushes during the night, and one trip to the bathroom with Griffin.... so not too many wakeups.

Today I hope my skates arrive, I kinda expected them already! I so want to put them on and see if I can still do it! The last time I skated was.. hmmmm ... about 32 years ago! Surely I won't have FORGOTTEN!!! I reckon it's like riding a bike, you never forget!

No housework either, the house if PRISTINE if I do say so! It's lovely getting up in the morning and there is NOTHING to do. Well, except feed the kids, make their lunches, make their beds.... and get them off to school.'
After that? Not sure, might have a sauna... do some exercise? We will see. later...

A bored person is a BORING person... so I decided to do something about that....
I'm going to have a go at making a quilt for Griffin's bed, and if it comes out ok, I'm gunna make two for Brylee's room too! Yipee, something to sink my teeth into. NOW all I have to do is learn how to do it!
I got some materials, ruler, cutter etc... just need to get some books to show me how...
Last night at Chris D's.... she showed me this rather nifty potoatoe mash stuff.. went and got me some, sure beats cleaning, peeling, cooking and mashing them myself! Must pay HOMAGE to the Lazy Gods!
I will make a mince stew tonight and try out one of these mash's on the kids!
I just went to town (again) and booked myself into Quilting Classes... 6 weeks every Wednesday morning... no more putting my life on 'HOLD' until we move... life is for living NOW too. I can't wait till next wednesday to get started on my quilt!
End of Day: they boys came around for dinner, they didn't twig they were eating package spuds! Hee hee, so easy too ! I gave them some of the sachets to take home, they liked it! It was lovely to see them ... absence makes the teenagers NICER! Hopefully they will come back to see their Dad this weekend too.
NSV: On track today, so a good day. nite nite.

13 comments:

  1. skating never leaves ya.
    easy peasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some sleep.. I feel like crap this morning...
    First week is nearly over for the 6 week challenge and I think I have frikkin gained...Will have to wait and see the verdict on thier scales... thats what I get for exercising...
    pfffffffttttttttt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping for some good feedback from the real estate agent today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude Chris in not putting life on 'hold' while you wait for the move. The quilting class sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep reading the "pink" blog - I'm going to delete the more private entries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some instant potatoes like that....they are very yummy!!! AND easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to learn how to quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ewww so not a fan of fake potato

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still having trouble sleeping. I think I need to use a mallet and just knock myself out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not much of a crafty person...but I LOVE quilts! I would enjoy at least trying it (not sure I would be successful) but hell I'd give it a whirl.

    Good luck and we wanna see a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL @ absence makes the teenagers nicer - i'll have to remember that one!

    If there's anyone that deserves to have some time out to do something for themselves it's you - enjoy the classes - no doubt you'll be churning out works of art in no time.

    Of course if you ever get bored and want to start cleaning again my house is FAR from pristine ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another day on program, good for you. I've thought about taking a quilting course too! Goodluck I'm sure you will be a pro in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not to scare you or anything - but skating sure as hell left me. The last time I went skating after a 10 year layoff, I looked like Frankenstein on wheels.

    Not a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.