Thursday, April 24, 2008

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE

My apologies to you all... I am not reading blogs or commenting over the next few days... I'm trying to spend lots of quality time with the family and kids.... and keep sane at the same time.

So, that means less time to wander through the blogs dropping me comments as I go.. I will be back to visit you all soon... I will keep MY BLOG up-to-date though.... can't have any of you buggers ringing or e-mailing wondering what's WRONG with me! LOL... it is very sweet to know people care.

So today is Steve's 21st Birthday.... we are having a family dinner here... his request is Roast Pork... so that's what I will be slaving over later on today. Stew is due home this evening too as it's a long weekend here, so that's perfect timing.

I will leave you for now with these photos:


L to R: Rena, Steve, Mike, Abby in front (Mike's girlfriend), Kelly in Back.
Mike and Rena.
I had been quite worried about how Kelly's stepson Leigh would 'fit in' and what he would do here... well I needn't have worried... he's fitted in just fine , the little kids love him and he loves our Playstation, GameBox and Wii..... even though he has to share them with our kids!

He seems to be a very typical young teenager... but he's quite NICE! He helps Kelly heaps, loves his baby sister.... and needs a haircut! He has this weird thing going on with his fringe...it's got these long bits right down to his bloody chin! Friggin boys, at least he hasn't got a mohawk!

I baked a cake! I got it from The New World Supermarket Recipie Book, only ingredients needed : $26 ! lol

Steve's Birthday Dinner at home:

Rena and her 2nd Cousin Deon....


Rena and her Uncle Steve, who's 21st birthday it was today.....
Hee hee, Grandad arrived home, so I promptly threw up on him.... how neat!

Our happy little dinner group, including on the right my dear friends Chris D and her hubby Dave.


Yeah... self explanitory....

Kelly wanted the candles, Steve had different ideas... and ended up EATING the Number 2!!!
It was a lovely dinner/evening.... so nice to have lots of friends and family here.
End of Day: a bloody neat one.
NSV: none, I ate cake, had a glass of wine and pork crackling. So YUM. nite nite.

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time with the kids... not very often you have them all about...
    Yummooooo I love roast pork...
    How is Kelly's step son coping..I havent heard you mention him? Are the kids all getting along ok???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having fun with your family. Pork sounds awesome, especially as I haven't been cooking much the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy!!!! Happy birthday to Steve:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Happy Birthday to Steve! Have a wonderful weekend with all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:35 AM

    What a gorgeous family! Happy birthday Steve! And gee, you bredd cuties don't ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Happy Birthday Steve, i hope you have an awesome day and that the family spoils you rotten :)

    Loving all the pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time with your beautiful family, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day you had! I still can't get over how fast you blog all this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having family and your DH around is much better for you... you seem so much happier.

    Isn't Miss Rena so cute!

    Weird hair cut hes got going on? Glad hes getting on well with B&G.

    Happy Birthday Steve.. looks like y'all had a great night.

    Bring on the long weekend!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your family Chris. Your little granddaughter is just gorgeous. Looks like she is getting very spoilt with lots of cuddles from everyone.

    Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow mike is still wearing that hat! he must love it! and what cute family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't be stopping by with all that going on either. Birthday, Family, Friends and Baby Spew...... who could ask for more. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pics! Sounds like all is going well with everyone this week. :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww looks like some great family time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.