Friday, May 18, 2007

TRAIN AND RAIN...

Caught the train bang on time last night, found our sleeper carrriage and put the horrors to bed.... they slept all night, thank God! WE slept on and off, it wasn't that bad actually! Our breakfast was brought to us in bed!!! Hot ham and cheese crossoints (sp?) and hot chocolate and orange juice, can't complain about that eh???

Arrived in Sydney to rain and wind, and as we were early had to wander the streets till about 1pm... not a problem for a shop-a-holic like me, but a bit hard on the kids.... Griffin actually fell asleep sitting up in a chair while Stew and I tried on shoes!!! I made the man buy the most outlandish Doc Martin shoes.... bright colours and stars!!! Heee hee he, wait till you see them!

I have left him and the kids up in our hotel room for now, so I can pop on the computer here on George Street (somwhere!)... it's only a dollar for half an hour... shame most of the prompts etc are in chinese though! I'm having to do a lot of guessing......

I have talked to Celtic_Girl and we are meeting up tomorrow morning to go do some sightseeing... the zoo etc. Should be neat. Am waiting to hear from Briony about tomorrow afternoon, and CKK and Cranky about tomorrow night, so girls if ya reading this...... get back to me at the hotel, we are in room 310.

Right that's about all for now... till later!
Right, what did I forget.... yep got it.... Brylee got bitten on the hand last night at the BBQ by a cat... and this morning her hand was looking rather swollen and red... so we spent an hour at least in the Sydney Central Medical Centre waiting to see a doctor... which we did eventually, she is now on anti biotics and not feeling very well at all.... poor little bugger. She has hardly eaten a thing all day, and spent a good 2 hours this afternoon asleep on the bed in our hotel. Hope she is a lot better tomorrow, cos we are off to the Ferry across the harbour and the Zoo with Kerry (Celtic_Girl) and her husband..... can't wait!

We went out again this evening to have dinner, Griffin insisted on Hungry Jacks, which is called Burger King in New Zealand.... it was blah, but he liked it. Brylee had one chicken nugget and that was a struggle.
On our way back to the Hotel, we passed Sydney Town Hall, where something was on... there were people in Tuxedos and evening gowns going in and outside they had chinese dragon dancers and fire dancers.... Griffin was enthralled... and the dancers came over to him and tried to "eat" him with the dragon... he was thrilled, Brylee nearly shit herself, lol !!!! WE are back at our Hotel now, knackered as you can imagine after spending the vast majority of today shopping and looking around central Sydney... what an amazing place! I LOVE ALL THE SHOPS.
Better go, Stew is up there all alone with the kids....AGAIN. nite nite.

6 comments:

  1. Oh way too cool... fancy getting to meet so many bloggers in such a small space of time...woooohoooo So jealous... I am on my way!!! I wish.. haha...
    Hope the rest of your holiday goes well.. poor kids will be glad to get back to thier own beds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, can't wait. Will be ringing you tonight honey!!
    (*doing a happy dance*).
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I would for sure meet you in melb... you just let me know..and give me time to save up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... bugga bout the cat... I hope she is feeling better real soon.. ( and I dont mean the blasted cat either!)
    Enjoy meeting the girls..I am sure it will be alot of fun!
    Take care.. and chat again soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful weekend. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Can't wait to catch-up on your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Doc Martins, I live in mine.... you sound like you are having an awesome time.....

    Jaxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.