Wednesday, May 16, 2007

FINALLY GOT TO THE BEACH TODAY.

This will be short and sweet! We finally got to the beach today, the kids loved it! Stew went swimming as well, Mum and I sat on the beach and yakked and watched them for quite some time.

It has been a very stressful day, I packed a wobbly this morning and at 11am I gathered up the kids and walked half way to town in the blistering heat.... cos them that own the car (Mum and Ron) were dithering around and in no hurry to go anywhere... so I stormed off in a major huff. Not the wisest thing to do cos they are bloody miles away from town!

I think next time we come here we will hire a car so we are independant and not totally reliant on them to take us here and there.

Sadly, I took no photos of the family on the beach, as I kept thinking.... they could be on any beach, anywhere, it would look the same..... maybe tomorrow. The beaches here are just gorgeous, pristine white sand, beautiful clear water..... and the water is not even that cold! And it's almost winter here. It got to 24 degrees today, lovely !

Tomorrow night we catch the train at 10.15pm for Sydney.... we have a sleeper compartment, so we can sleep on the train and get into Sydney bright eyed and bushy tailed... ready to have some more fun.... whooooop! Better go for now.... have to get back to the house and get Griffin to bed, Brylee is already asleep .... nite nite.

6 comments:

  1. I'm green with envy about the beach! Hope you are feeling less stressed. You are so lucky to be soaking up the sun, apparently it is going to SNOW here tonight. Now that it just crazy. It's raining cats and dogs and a balmy 5C degrees this fine day.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Sydney! Sound like a lovely trip. It is always hard to stay with family though when you have not car. My hubby was just saying that about visiting his dad that he wish he had a car and that they are not used to having a 5 yr old around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you crack me up stomping off in a tantrum like that! That would be something I would do. Blisters and all but too stubborn to admit defeat!! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good time with your Mum despite your hissy fit yesterday!! haha.
    I love Coffs, haven't been there for a few years though.
    Have fun on the train - wave to me when you go past Newcastle!! hehe
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think of us freezing over here with the wind blowing. Oh well you will soon be back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg its raining and cold here....FINALY WENT TO THE BEACH TODAY...omg I know where i want to be!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.